I - V 8:00 - 17:00

+370 663 00 000



Physiotherapy is an important aspect of complex therapy and rehabilitation, which enhances the effect of treatment, helps prevent complications, restore working capacity and improve the quality of life.Prices and specialists

Inpatient Rehabilitation

In order to improve the mobility and the quality of life of our residents, a team of specialists individually assesses the physical health of each patient, adapts exercises to their individual needs and assists them through the rehabilitation program.Prices and specialists

Nursing services

Are nursing and care services the same thing?

0It does not mean the same thing, but most of our residents or their relatives use these words as synonyms and do not always understand the difference.

Nursing and supportive treatment services are health care services provided in a hospital for a limited period of time with continuous supervision carried out by the medical staff. These services are intended to stabilize the symptoms caused by a chronic disease, manage pain and minimize the progression of a chronic disease as much as possible. “Gemma” offers high-quality, individual (based on an individual treatment and care plan) nursing and supportive treatment services, including rehabilitation services, which focus on controlling the symptoms caused by a chronic disease, stabilizing health condition, reducing the progression of the chronic disease and in this way improving the life quality of the patient. What is more, diagnostic procedures can be prescribed to the patient, his/her medical treatment can be adjusted, wounds (if any) can be treated and the physical activity can be encouraged. Nursing and supportive treatment services can be compensated by the funds of the Compulsory Health Insurance Fund.

Care services – social services that ensure long-term accommodation for persons who are in a stable condition without the need for nursing and supportive treatment. These services are organized and provided at the municipal level, the persons have to pay the full or partial price for the services, depending on their income.

How to choose the right care home?

What is Gemma care home “Vievio namai” for?

Gemma care home “Vievio namai” was established to provide quality living for seniors in their later years, with a strong focus on residents’ health and nurturing social connections. “Vievio namai” welcomes individuals from various backgrounds, including healthy and active seniors who seek a vibrant community, as well as seniors who require continuous assistance and care to maintain a fulfilling life.

What should I pay attention to when choosing a care home?

You or your relative will reside in the care home for an extended period, so it is crucial for the environment to be not only clean but also comfortable. When selecting a care home, consider whether it provides an effective ventilation system, adequate air cooling in the summer, and maintains a suitable temperature in the winter. If the future resident has limited mobility, ensure that they can easily navigate both indoor and outdoor spaces, checking for specially adapted rooms and furniture, as well as functional beds. Meals constitute another vital daily aspect. Evaluate whether well-balanced meals are offered, whether they are prepared on-site or delivered by external caterers. If privacy and having a personal space are of utmost importance to you or your loved one, confirm that the care home can accommodate single-room arrangements. What do residents do in their free time? How much emphasis is placed on providing occupational activities for residents with mobility difficulties? Are the staff friendly and helpful? Is there a doctor on-site? How much attention is given to physical activity and the overall health of residents? Is the staff-to-resident ratio sufficient? How long is the travel time to the care home for visits? Can seniors easily connect with individuals beyond those residing in the same care home? These are the key questions we recommend you consider before making a decision.

How to obtain municipal support for residing in an elderly care home?

How to obtain municipal support for residing in an elderly care home?

Assessment of special continuing care needs or special continuing nursing needs should be conducted by a family doctor. After receiving an evaluation report on these special needs, you should reach out to the social support department in the municipality where the individual is registered. There, you’ll need to complete an application for residency in the chosen care facility, irrespective of whether the care home is located in a different municipality.

The municipality’s or district’s social worker will assess the person’s (or family’s) need for social services. A decision regarding the possibility of providing support will be made within one month.

What documents should be submitted when applying to the social support department of the municipality?

When submitting an application for social assistance, the following documents must be provided:

Document confirming the identity of the applicant (passport, personal identity card).

Certificate of registered place of residence.

Disability or pensioner certificate.

Certificate indicating the assessment of special needs.

Extract from medical documents (F027/a).

Certificates and other documents detailing the total income received by the individual (or family) in the three months preceding the application date.

Certificates and other documents relating to any property owned by the individual or acquired within the 12 months prior to the application date (to be provided by the applicant; the Social Support and Health Department verifies this information with data available in the Property Register).

Certificate on the composition of the family (issued by the municipality).

Any other documents that may be required based on the specific circumstances of the applicant.

What is the procedure for a referral to a care home?

The choice of the care home where a person will be placed is based on their preferences. Before admitting an individual to a care home, a referral to the care home is issued. This referral is provided by the municipality that has approved the provision of social care.

The referral is to be presented (sent) to the person (or guardian) within three working days from the day it is issued. A copy of the referral is also provided to the care home to which the person is being referred. The issued referral remains valid for 30 calendar days from the day it is sent to the person. However, the issuing institution can extend the validity period if the person submits, in writing, compelling and objective reasons why they cannot begin residing in a care home within the specified timeframe.

If the person does not commence their stay in a care home during the referral’s validity period, the decision to grant social care is considered to have lost its validity.


"Gemma" website uses four main types of cookies.

By continuing to browse, you accept the necessary cookies. You may also accept the use of other cookies. Privacy notice