Relying on the principles of anatomy, physiology and biomechanics, and having the skills to feel the state of tissues and organs, their differences, location, mobility and sensitivity with respect to each other with just their hands, osteopathologist can find the cause of the disease, and evaluate the possibilities of the body and its reserves. In addition, an osteopathologist has special techniques to help restore the body. During the treatment, spasms are decreased, the mobility of the body tissues is back, the nourishment and blood inflow and outflow are restored, the function of the nervous system is improved.
An osteopathologist is able to not only treat, but also predict the upcoming disease, that is why it is important to consult a doctor to find weak places of the body, and to take measures to eliminate them.
For example, if you have a sore throat, it can be connected to the diaphragm which is strained due to constant stress, sedentary work or improper breathing. A chronic headache may be a result of old injuries of the sacrum or tailbone. The pain in the back can occur after a surgery in the pelvic region: the removal of an appendix or a caesarean section when the sensitivity of the tissues surrounding the scar changes. A child can have problems with concentrating because of the bones of the head or the sacrum clamped during birth.
Osteopathic procedures are assigned in case of:
- Injuries of the musculoskeletal system: the incorrect posture, scoliosis, kyphoscoliosis, a deformed chest, fallen arch, clubfoot, contractures of the shoulder, knee, elbow, joints, hips, ankles and sprains, epicondylitis (inflammation of the joints), the asymmetry of the muscle tone - stretching myospasm, fibromyalgia (also known as trigger points), low-back pain, spondylitis;
- Neurological disorders: radiculopathy - the damage of the cervical, thoracic, lumbar nerves; chronic headaches, thoracic, muscle pain, and chronic sore throat, pain in the joints and waist;
- A migraine, mixed-type headache, chronic fatigue, stress;
- The functional injuries of internal organs;
- An after birth injury of the newborn, delayed development, functional disorders.
A consultation with an osteopathologist costs 49 EUR.